I know that I started this blog without a face, this is your chance to learn a little about me.
- First things first about the author, there are tattoos all over me with one recurring theme. I have four Friday the 13th tattoos and speaking of Friday the 13th, it is also my favorite horror franchise.
- Halloween is my favorite holiday. I take my vacation time on Halloween every year and planning begins November 1st.
- While working on my writing through the blog, I also have submissions lined up for each month. If published, I will let you guys know! If not, the stories will be available here. (Most submissions cannot be published prior to the submission, so I can’t post them until after I find out if they are chosen).
- I am working on my Master’s Degree, but currently taking some time off. I needed some time to start the things (like this blog) that I never had time to think about. P.S. Don’t worry, I will continue writing once school starts back.
- I have never been to a horror convention, which saddens me.
- I love animals. And not just in an “oh, I love animals” kind of way, I have named the lizards that live on my front porch.
- I own over 200 movies and that collection is growing rapidly. I’m currently working on making sure that I have watched all of them.
- I am terrified of spiders and chainsaws, watching Texas Chainsaw Massacre scares the crap out of me (quite literally).
- I have an addiction to subscription boxes and will share every single one of them with you guys.
- The Wicked by James Newman is one of my favorite books, so far.
Now you know a little about me and I’d like to give props to a few people.
- As I would assume most (or all) horror lovers would, I have to give props to Stephen King. This shit isn’t as easy as he makes it look. I would feel ecstatic to have one book on the shelf and he has too many to count. Writing and sharing your hopes, dreams, and deepest nightmares is a little intimidating.
- Second, the Soska Sisters should be an inspiration to all women (and men) who want to pursue their dreams, especially in the horror and entertainment industry. Their dedication is incredible!
- Third, Abby at Just a Girl and Her Blog. I would never have gotten set up and ready to go as quickly as I did without her online course. Seriously! Check out her free online course. The course outlines everything seamlessly and includes tutorials for the tough parts. Figuring out the set-up alone would have taken me ages.
These people don’t know that I am giving them credit, but I hope you take it into consideration and check them out if you need some guidance or inspiration.